Mini Mats by Action Mats, use simple yet engaging graphics to unlock the power of movement, helping to apply the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) UK Curriculum.
By helping develop young children's physical and cognitive abilities, the vibrant illustrations encourage children to develop healthy bodies and minds.
Rather than the focus of each mat being on exercise based challenges as they principally are with Action Mats, we have created Mini Mats that focus on skills and attributes such as balance, coordination, spatial awareness, visual tracking, core strength, dexterity, directional movement and thought processing.
As a resourceful, easy-to-use and multifunctional learning tool, Mini Mats can be a standalone lesson or used as part of a “wake up, shake up”— stimulating children's physical and cognitive abilities before classroom learning.
Why do Teachers & Practitioners love Mini Mats?
- Encourage children to engage and enjoy physical development
- Create rewarding learning opportunities, encouraging children to work together towards a common goal
- Can be included as part of a physical learning experience
- With a fast and friendly setup, you save valuable learning time and create rewarding, enriching experiences
- Each mat links directly with objectives within the Department for Education's 'Development Matters' guidance
- Create fun activities to explore agility, balance, coordination and thought processing speed
- Versatile, easy to use and multifunctional